Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Art of Tailgating


When attending a sporting event there are two very important things to take into consideration: first attending a fun entertaining game and secondly having fun in the parking lot before the game tailgating. Myself I would consider myself to be a huge tailgater. I realized from a young age that weather or not the game goes the way I wanted it to the game still can be a success with a successful tailgate. Especially with the bad economy tailgating is an important way to get together with friends party and save money by not spending it on over priced beers and food inside the stadium. Another plus is a successful tailgate is even fun for people that may not enjoy sports. My roommate hates attending baseball games but still loves going to A’s games with me because of the party we have before and even sometimes after the game.
                There are all different kinds of way to pulling off a successful tailgate from your basic cold cut meats and beers to your extravagant with anywhere from shrimp to t-bone steaks. If you were looking for me before any sporting event I would not be hard to find. I’m the guys with the music blaring, barbeque full of at least three different kinds of meat, flags hanging in all directions, beer pong/flip cup table set up, and most importantly a cooler or keg full of beer. If you think that I take this seriously, this is just a minor set up in comparison to some. You can see in this clip from youtube.com (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXT0C3bUWTk) That many people take it much more seriously than me and have made tailgating into a sort of art that most people can’t even understand. One day I will complete my goal and buy a trailer and make it into the ultimate tailgating trailer with a built barbeque/smoker, mini fridge, beer pong table and the biggest stereo system I can find.  No matter what you feel about sports a tailgate experience is a good time to have for everyone and should be something everyone should try at least once. 

2 comments:

  1. It's true, tailgaiting is honestly what got me into baseball. A few years ago, going to a game was the last thing on my list. But ever since the company I work for started doing massive pregame tailgaits, I've been fiending to go! It's so much fun! (plus, it's always fun to root for a winning team). They don't quite have it as dialed in as some of the professionals you're talking about, but it doesn't take much to make it a good time. (especially when O'Niell's is so close by :) I've always been more of a football fan, and never really understood why baseball was considerd THE national pastime. But if tailgaiting is part of the package, I guess I'll buy it. Love the trailer idea, by the way! I'll have to crash one of your tailgaits sometime! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been tailgating before but I really want to go! It sounds so exciting. It would be so exciting and so much fun to pre-party in the parking lot. I have seen people do it before, they are geared out in their jersey's and have food and drinks. I have even seen people having bbqs. Tailgating is a really good idea because it also saves you a lot of money. You can buy your own food and drinks rather than buying over-priced food and drinks at the games. I never really loved going to baseball games but tailgating might get me started!

    ReplyDelete